Chicken Laksa Soup
- 3 chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 400 g can coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons My Gourmet Flavours Laksa Soup Spice (May need more depending upon your taste and how strong you like it)
- 50 g vermicelli noodles , dried
- 100 g hokkien noodles (optional - or use more vermicelli)
- 80 g bean sprouts
- 80 g tofu puffs (I got mine from an Asian store as i couldn't find any in supermarkets)
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Finely sliced red chilli
- Place the Chicken Stock, water and chicken thighs in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to simmer then reduce to medium high. Cook for either 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and liquid is reduced to approx 2 cups. Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the chicken stock add coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce and Laksa Spice. Place lid on and simmer on for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to packet instructions.
To assemble Laksa
Add tofu puffs into broth.
Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Top with chicken. Pour Laksa broth over chicken. Top with beansprouts. Sprinkle with Garnishes you choose to use.